Tuesday, October 14, 2008
"No Child Left Inside"
“No Child Left Inside” was appealing with the ideas and arguments that were presented. First hearing the title I thought would be just another plan that seemed overworked and improbable to have a positive outcome. As I read into my interest was averted to whether or not they would bring up the issue of obesity in a reasoning of why the plan is important, which they did. I think it would be a good plan to put into action specifically because the obesity problem that has blown up in America. Outside activity, I would think, would be the best way to keep kids at a healthy weight. Though there have been new creations meant to help with this issue not everyone could afford them. Going outside is free on the other hand. Kids should be able to build tree houses or draw with chalk on the sidewalks or where parents see fit. These activities were a part of my childhood and I’d feel ashamed if future generations were not entitled to the same enjoyment. I think “No Child Left Inside” is an important concept that has to be taken into serious consideration. I also found that outside activity helping children with attention deficit disorders interesting. It would be a great help for the children and their school work, then, if they played outside. It seems to give a reverse meaning of no work, no play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hate that my younger sister is always sitting inside. Whenever I see her she is either on the computer or in front of the t.v. Now my sister is not fat at all and is very active so it amazes me even more to see her inside. I agree that being more active is the cheapest way to stay healthy and i think it is the best way. Someone can diet all they want and yes they will lose weight but staying active is key.
Post a Comment