Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Problem Solving"

“Problem Solving” surprised me. I started reading the passage figuring it would be just another essay telling me how to learn. In the end it did teach me how to learn in a way but it was extremely helpful. They listed great strategies such as not limiting my problem so I will not limit my solution. They also mentioned having alternative solutions by drawing comparisons and recalling past events. It is interesting how we are to start our problem- solving essays by remembering our own experiences with the problem we chose. This seems like it would be more enlightening than just going straight to the library and opening books. The outline examples will be effective as well as the way of collecting ideas and information that they wrote about. This read was also effective because it actually made me eager to start working on a problem -solving essay. This is most likely because it involves more than just reading and analyzing. It involves interaction with other people and their ideas and solutions as well.
There was only one part of the passage I can honestly say I did not care for and that was under the subject of how to read a problem -solving essay. I was once again told how to read actively by annotation. I’ve understood the concept form “How to Mark a Book”.

No comments: