Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"In Defense of Talk Shows"

I found this to be a great passage. It was entertaining to hear someone defend the people who actually appear on the talk shows. Sometimes I sit with my companion and when there is nothing on the television we purposely watch some of the shows mentioned. We watch them primarily to watch how idiotic America is to have such a production even created. I found it a bit ridiculous that someone would waste the time trying to convince people that what is happening on those shows is wrong. The whole thing is quite pathetic. Also, the author mentions her idea of what she would incorporate into her own show if possible. I think it would be the most pointless idea because people already know when someone higher up does something people find unjust. We just use a more sophisticated way about finding this information—the news. I am not defending talk shows because I feel disgusting to be part of this country when I see them. I am also definitely not defending the people who appear on them because I find them lurid and I am disturbed by the fact they would display their depressed life problems to the general public.

No comments: