The read I found quite interesting as a cat owner. I believe the question of whether cats are lovable pets or neighborhood killers has an obvious answer. Cats can be lovable creatures. They enjoy being pet and scratched behind the ears and their humans companions don’t mind supplying that need. It feels great for the cat and we get to touch its soft fluff. What’s unlovable about that? Some are also loving when they play. When I taunt my cat with a string or ball of paper she goes for the object, but cautiously so she doesn’t scratch me. This is also true when I feed her food by hand.
This does not go to say that cats are not neighborhood killers because they very much are. When I had three outside cats I would watch them prey upon the birds in the backyard. I was even lucky enough to see my cat cleanly slice a snake in half! These smaller creatures aren’t exactly helpless either. I’ve been eyewitness to the tricky activities of birds. They would purposely play the fatal game of swooping down towards my cats in the yard then fly back up to an electricity wire. They would do this repeatedly until they ran out of luck. It’s in the cat’s nature to hunt and when my cat drops a present off on the door step I thank her greatly.
Essentially, I believe, cats can be both lovers and fighters. They are humans’ loving companions but the vermin’s worst enemy.

No comments:
Post a Comment